The Technical Instructor for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Albany will provide appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction for Technical Courses in areas such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, RedHat, Development, Programming and more depending on area of expertise. The technical instructor may deliver training using differing modalities including self-paced learning, Mentored Learning, HDL, Connected Classroom and traditional ILT (including client-site, blended, and custom classes.)
(Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare for each class and deliver state of the art training.
- Continually learn new product and industry knowledge.
- Collaborate with the Training Manger and other trainers to develop new programs.
- Provide training taking into consideration the unique abilities of each student.
- Update technical, sales, and business knowledge.
- Meet or exceed established monthly training scores.
Desired Skills, Certifications and Previous Experience
Candidates should have experience in an instructional position teaching technical content to learners or have an extensive technical background. The technical instructor will be required to teach multiple courses from the subjects below and should be qualified for at least (1) of the below certifications or technologies.
Candidates should possess one of the following Certifications
- Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server
- Database Administrator
- Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- ITIL: Intermediate Level
Candidates should be able to teach two of the following course area offerings
- Microsoft Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL Server
Candidates must be willing to complete the following Certified Trainer Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- CompTIA CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer)