After completing this course, students should be able to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
Oracle Database 11g R2: Backup and Recovery Workshop - New Horizons Albany
This course examines various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios.
Students are expected to have some knowledge of Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Enterprise Manager, as they will use RMAN and Enterprise Manager to perform backup and recovery operations.
Flashback features are also described as an additional way to recover from various errors. Extensive hands-on practices and workshops provide the student with experience in a realistic technical environment.
This course includes interactive workshops that provide participants with the opportunity to diagnose and recover from numerous failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
- Database Administrators
- Technical Administrators
- Technical Consultants
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Describe additional high availability features such as Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Secure Backup
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Using Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Enterprise Manager
- Configuring for Recoverability
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Concepts and Strategies
- Creating Backups
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Using Data Recovery Advisor
- Performing Recovery
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Flashback Database
- RMAN Performance and Tuning
- Backup and Recovery Workshop Scenarios